Saturday, September 2, 2017

Silhouette Birds for CAS Watercolour

Hello friends.

It's time for a new challenge at


This month Loll has challenged us to use silhouettes on our watercolors.
Silhouettes can be black, white, gray, any metallic (silver, gold, etc.), dark blue
or dark brown.

I've chosen to use a black silhouette cut from a die my friend and teammate,
Christine, sent me for my birthday.  I love these sweet little birds!
 I only used 3 of the 5 birds since the window is small.

The background was done with Brushos and water.  I think it looks like a sunset.

Our design team is joined by the very talented Birgit (Rapport fran ett skrivbord) and
there are some beautiful inspiration cards at the challenge site.

I hope you'll join us at
CAS Watercolour


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Hope is the Thing (TJ)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Naturals White, Basic Black (SU), Watercolor (?)
Other:  Brushos, Rectangle Peek-a-boo Window (MFT), Bird on a Wire Die (no name)


21 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

So glad you liked your die:)
I love your incredible sunset background with your watercolours. It reminds me of our recent sunsets in Vancouver due to the fires in the Province. In major devastation nature gives you a touch of beauty.

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous Brushos Sunset background for your black silhouette birds on a wire, Bonnie. I love your peek a boo window die...it is on my wishlist:-) TFS your CAS beauty my friend. Hugs..

Craftychris said...

Beautiful background for the lovely silhouette! xxx

Loll said...

Beautiful sunset through your window Bonnie. Love those sweet bird silhouettes. xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Pretty birdie trio in window, Bonnie- just love the colors behind!!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Gorgeous sunset background, Bonnie! I love that the intensity of the sunset colors matches the black silhouette birds. The naturals white panel adds an organic feel to the card. Great choice! Hideko

Ina G said...

Gorgeous background for those silhouette birds. Love that peek a boo die. You can do so much with it. Love the bright colours.

JosieD said...

Striking looking card...background and silhouette go so perfectly with that heartfelt sentiment.

jimlynn said...

So pretty and I love the colors behind the birds. Beautiful card!
Lynn

Mac Mable said...

The prettiest of colours on that glorious background and love the 'black' birds against it x

Susan said...

Love those vibrant colours with the black of the birds against them! Perfectly framed with the peek-a-boo window. And what a wonderful quote to go with it.

Linda said...

Such a gorgeous background Bonnie. Love the silhouettes. Beautiful card.

KandA said...

Fabulous card Bonnie. love the silhouette against the gorgeous coloured background xx

Pat said...

I adore that gorgeous background Bonnie and the birds on the branch stand out beautifully in the black. The Peek-a-boo Window frames it really prettily and the sentiment is very inspiring. x

Brenda in IN said...

The birds just pop against that gorgeous, vibrant background. I love that silhouette.

Darnell said...

How serene, Bon-Bon! I feel as if I'm looking through the window at the sweet birds backlit by a glorious sunset!! Wow!! Hugs, Dolly

kiwimeskreations said...

Bonnie this is stunning - love your interpretation of the challenge - those birds are stunning against the wonderful background
Blessings
Maxine

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Very nice a soothing, despite the hot fiery colors used.

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely card mf...great silhouette images.
xx Karen

BożenA said...

You're right Bonnie, your background looks like a sunset. I love those hot colors, summer memories. Beautiful CAS card and amazing inspiration.
Hugs,
BożenA

Bobby said...

The small window with the great background gives plenty of room for the wonderful sentiment.