Friday, June 17, 2016

Altenew Beautiful Details Class Day 1

When I saw that Marika (meandminime) was teaching a class at Altenew, I knew I wanted to sit in on it.

She has a beautiful way of coloring using mixed coloring media.

I actually found some time to do the first lesson yesterday.

Here's what I came up with.



I don't have many Altenew stamps....yet!

I do  have Peony Bouquet
and I used two of the small flower stamps from that set.

This is a layering stamp set so you can get fantastic detail by just stamping the 3 layers.

Marika showed a little different way of using the stamps.

This was my second attempt.  The first attempt was at the bottom right corner.

It didn't make onto a card!

I liked this one though.

I was somewhat happy with the doodling on this card.

It's not something I'm really comfortable with.

I did find that Marika's advice about not thinking too hard about the doodling did help.

I'll be right back with another card from the first lesson.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Peony Bouquet, Thinking of You (both Altenew)
Ink:  Concord Crush (SU), Distress markers (Dusty Concord, Gathered Twigs)
Paper:  Heavy Weight Whisper White, Concord Crush (both SU)
Other:  Marvy LePen (4300 Dk. Grey), Square Lattice EF (retired SU)



12 comments:

Marianne said...

Love the monochromatic look of your card, Bonnie. As for the doodling, I think it's good to get out of your comfort zone every now and again. You might just surprise yourself!

kiwimeskreations said...

One amazing card Bonnie - love the drama of the dark base card, the white embossing and that fabulous flower. Your doodle looks perfect to me!
Blessings
Maxine

MaryH said...

You know, I may just like Day 1 better than Day 2! (and both are gorgeous). Could be because you've done this neat design layout with a fav SU EF. This design really shows off this stunning color work on the Peony (I have that set, think it's a NBUS). You're doing terrific in the class Bonnie. Both Day 1 and 2 are just gorgeous!!! TFS & Hugs

Marika said...

This looks like a carnation! Brilliant brilliant take on the class!! Thank you!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning card, beautiful design and love the doodling.
Faith
x

BożenA said...

Hello Bonnie,
Very beautiful card! Incredibly you used stamp and color. Such a little random shadows doing a great job. I admire this card and I very much regret that do not know English, because it is an obstacle to attend classes Marika. Thank you for the beautiful inspirations from both lessons.
hugs,
BożenA

Brenda said...

Wow! This is a gorgeous card Bonnie! I love the doodling, it looks like it was stamped to me. The bloom is just gorgeous and I love the colors you used. That sentiment is fabulous as well, loving the font on it. I don't know of this class, but might have to check it out. I have a few sets from Altenew, not many but a few. Love them even though I'm not great at using them. lol Hugs, Brenda

Nstiz said...

Oh my gosh, Bonnie! Not only did you learn it but you mastered it! I do love multi-step stamping but have never doodled on a card. I know I'd mess up after spending hours on it! LOVE these stamps and the technique. Thanks for the inspiration!

Mac Mable said...

Love the textured embossing against the blue colour. What fabulous colouring and doodling...beautiful card x

Loll said...

Great job with the first lesson Bonnie. Your bloom is beautiful and made even more special by your doodling. xx

Donna said...

You sound like a woman on a mission... to buy more Altenew stamps!!!
Your blue flower is gorgeous. I adore how you've coloured it :)

Greta said...

That flower is amazing, Bonnie! Doodling is incredibly hard for me--I'm impressed with your work!