Sunday, February 2, 2014

Stenciling Homework

I finally used the NBUS stencil I bought a while back.



I CASED a card by the very talented Debby Hughes using different colors and a flower instead of a sentiment on my vellum tag.

My sequins are iridescent and want to look purple in all the photos, but I assure you they aren't.  I actually colored them with a Copic marker and they're pink IRL.

This was actually my second try with this stencil.  The first try was too dark and I needed to try again with a lighter hand.  I was much happier with this try.

I don't often think about vellum, but I love the dreamy quality it adds.
Maybe I'll find some time to do some more class homework.




Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week is Anything Goes with Twine or String.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

I'm so glad you stopped by today.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Secret Garden
Ink:  Whisper White, Strawberry Slush
Paper:  Strawberry Slush, Whisper White, Vellum
Other: Moroccan Lattice Stencil (Kite), White EP, Paper Twine (Tim Holtz), Sequins (Joann Fabric)

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted


10 comments:

Bobby said...

This is beautiful, Bonnie. I'm glad you finally got to try out one of the techniques. I'm understand what you mean about a light hand. I need to practice that, too.

Bobby said...

Oops, hit "publish" as I was proofreading. It should say I understand, not I'm. ;)

jimlynn said...

Great job with your "homework"! Love that background you stenciled and those sequins are so pretty with this. Beautiful card.
Lynn

Greta said...

Beautiful, Bonnie! Love the flower on the vellum over that lovely stencilled background!

Karren said...

Fabulous, Bonnie! Like you, I don't use vellum enough but it really does add a soft element to cards. Love the colors you've used!

bumblebee creations said...

Gorgeous!! This must be the most popular thing going on right now...stenciling...gonna have to give it a try!! : ) I have blog candy...I hope you can join in!

Benzi said...

The flower is beautiful on vellum and your stenciled bg is so pretty. Good work, Bonnie.

Karen Davis said...

I love the soft effect you have created with the stencil and the vellum Bonnie. So very pretty.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! Bonnie this is sooooooo pretty.

Susan said...

Beautifully done, Bonnie - you achieved a lovely soft look. The online stencil class was such fun and I learned a lot from it.