Friday, August 30, 2013

Little Birds Featuring Gabby

While enjoying Gabby's (gabalot) Gallery at SCS I discovered this card and knew it was what I wanted to CASE in honor of her week as Featured Stamper.  Remember the sweet bird stamp that my friend Rena brought to Stamp and Share?  I had some images that I'd stamped in my UFO box.  It was pretty easy to one of them into this....


All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bird Stamp (Borrowed), Four the Holidays (retired)
Ink: Tuxedo Black, Memento, Real Red, SU Markers (Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Apricot Appeal, Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede)
Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black
Other:  Blender Pen

I colored the birds by swiping the markers on a plastic lid and picking up the color with a Blender Pen.  The black was added directly with the marker.

Challenges


I'm so glad you stopped by.

Enjoy!

17 comments:

Benzi said...

Very pretty, Bonnie. I love those birds, of course. Nice colored, too.

Ellen Taylor said...

Love the way you colored these sweet little birds Bonnie! Awesome Christmas card!

jimlynn said...

Bonnie, to me, this is absolutely a perfect card! CAS and so gorgeous. Love your coloring on those cute birds too.
Lynn

Laura Sterckx said...

This is such a fun clean and simple card! I love the bird image you used! So cute! :)

Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!
Laura :)

Darnell said...

Great image and great coloring, Bonnie! They look like a close-up of the bird family I used on your birthday card, but I love how you watercolored yours in these hues!!

Loll said...

Hi Bonnie. Your coloring of the birds is amazing! Love the added bits of green and red on the branches. Loll xx

Cynthia said...

SO adorable!! Love the sweet little birds! Have a wonderful weekend, Bonnie!!

Greta said...

What a sweet card, Bonnie--lovely!

Jules said...

Hi Bonnie

This is super lovely.

Those little birds make for a great card!!! Love them!!!

Hope all is good with you.

Have a great weekend.

Love Jules xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful and love your colouring, fab image too

Narelle Farrugia said...

Absolutely gorgeous Bonnie!

Patti said...

What a beautiful image Bonnie. It certainly doesn't need any frills.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie, those little birds are so cute, and beautifully coloured, Cathy x

Bev said...

Bonnie this is so cute. I love the subtle colours on the birds

Bev :)

Kim S said...

Such a sweet image and so beautifully colored!

MaryH said...

Beautiful birds. Love the coloring. Great card all round. TFS

Karen Davis said...

I just love this image. Such a pretty card.