Friday, May 17, 2013

Featuring Silke

The Featured Stamper at SCS this week is Silke aka silli.  This is the card I chose to CASE.  I stuck pretty close to Silke's layout.


The butterfly was inspired by a card that my friend Darnell sent me for Valentine's Day.  When my friends came to stamp, they would all ooh and aah over that card so we did a similar card in the Papercrafting class last week.  

I had a butterfly left and when I saw Silke's card, I thought it would be fun to use it in a little different layout.  The extra layers added a lot of pizzazz.

Here's one of the cards from Papercrafting.


I'll bet they're wishing I'd seen Silke's card before the class!

To make this butterfly, we stamped the butterfly twice with Whisper White craft ink on a piece of Vellum Cardstock then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  When they cooled, we punched them out.  Then we cut the top of the wings and body from one of the punched butterflies (all in one piece) and adhered it to the whole punched butterfly with a trimmed Stampin' Dimensional. A row of pearls finished it off.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps: Papillon Potpourri, Loving Thoughts (card 1), Teeny, Tiny Wishes (card 2)
Ink: Whisper White, Old Olive (card 1), Basic Black (card 2)
Paper:  Whisper White, Vellum Cardstock, Old Olive (card 1), Basic Black (card 2)
Other:  White EP, Elegant Butterfly Punch, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Basic Pearls, Fancy Fans EF (card 1), Floral EF (card 2 - Sizzix), Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercing tool.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a great weekend and get some stamping time.

Enjoy!

18 comments:

Loll said...

Hi Bonnie. That butterfly is gorgeous out of the vellum! Love both layouts ... two beautiful cards. Loll xx

jimlynn said...

Very pretty and love the way you did the butterfly! Also really love the Old Olive and White together! Yummy looking and so elegant.
Lynn

Greta said...

Oh what beautiful cards, Bonnie! Love the card you Cased--think I better check out her gallery as well as yours which always inspires me!

Kim S said...

I love the layered butterflies, and the vellum is such a delicate touch!!

Cathy said...

Wow Bonnie, I love these butterflies! The white on the vellum and the layer looks amazing. So clever, I love the design too, really showcases the beautiful butterflies :) Cathy x

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card Bonnie-your little butterfly is just so delicate and pretty-and looks really stunning against the simple black background :)
Have a lovely weekend,Nessa xx

Bev J. said...

Love both the cards-gorgeous butterfly and really like the embossing folders used!

Cynthia said...

Oooo, those butterflies are gorgeous!! I love the use of layers and lots of white space to show them off!

Benzi said...

Beautiful butterfly..glad you let us know how you made it. The cards are just gorgeous.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Laura said...

I can see why they were oohing and aahing!! Both cards are so lovley!! And that butterfly is Stunning.I got to go hop on over and see the Featured Stamper.TFS

Darnell said...

You guys did a fantastic job with your stunning vellum butterflies, Bonnie! (Thank you for the shoutout!!) You have showcased them so well on these embossing folders. You are definitely my go-to gal when it comes to the use of beautiful background embossing!!

Anonymous said...

On these and the All the other cards listed on the right side of your blog, do you have any videos on them? I love your work Bonnie

MaryH said...

Beautiful, beautiful. Love that vellum butterfly, and great you could just punch it out. Your EF was so pretty with this motif, and the black circle was so dramatic against the delicate butterfly. Lucky you to have a Darnell card!!! TFS

Marybeth said...

Bonnie both are gorgeous ! I love that butterfly that Darnell gave you, so dainty!

Marisa said...

Lvoe the embossed BGs and the butterflies are fabulous.

JoAnn said...

Your cards are beautiful. Love that pretty butterfly.

Colleen Dietrich said...

I like both of these very much. Those gossamer butterflies are GORGEOUS!

Thanks again, Bonnie, for the heads up yesterday. ;) Too excited!

Aileen said...

I'm sitting here ooohing and aaahing over your butterflies! The vellum wings popped up are so effective. x