Monday, January 14, 2013

Merry Monday Old St. Nick

Did you get a start on your Christmas cards last week?  The Merry Monday challenge is a great way to get those cards done before the Christmas rush begins.

This week's challenge is a sketch.



Here's what I did.


I had this Santa image already stamped from a friend's stamp.  The holly is from Winter Memories cut out and added and the sentiment is from he Good Cheer Wheel that was in the Holiday Mini.  I used lots of Dazzling Details so he really sparkles.  

Be sure to visit the other design team members and see their wonderful cards.

Sue Joyce
Sherry Eckblad
Margaret Moody 
Vicki Burdick

I hope you'll join us at Merry Monday this week and share a Christmas card creation.

I'm also going to take this to play with the Splitcoaststampers Fanclub Christmas Spirit challenge.  This month's challenge is Christmas Wedding.   Something borrowed (the stamp), something new (the embossing folder), Something old, the Good Cheer Wheel.  Nothing blue this time though.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Santa Face (Inkadinkadoo), Winter Memories (retired), Good Cheer Wheel (retired)
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn,, Real Red
Paper:  Real Red, Whisper White
Other:  Circle Nesties (Spellbinder), Delicate Doilies Sizzlit, Dazzling Details, Snowflake EF (Sizzix)

I'm so glad you stopped by.  I really enjoy spending time with you.

Enjoy!


24 comments:

Benzi said...

It just couldn't get any merrier than this, Bonnie. What a great Christmas card. Love the Santa and that sentiment is AWESOME.
I see you joined the Christmas Fan Club challenge on SCS. It's a good one. I hope to follow it through the year.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. Love that Santa image and the glitter.

Di said...

Coo Bonnie - this is lovely and I hadn't realised about this challenge. Written it down so I can join in! :)

Hugs, Di xx

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card Bonnie, I love this santa he is so cheery :).

Marisa said...

What a fun image and loving the added sparkle :) Great take on the sketch!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute, love that Santa!!! Adorable!!

Cynthia said...

I looooove that Santa face!! Great take on the sketch--and super cute card!!

jimlynn said...

You've been so busy just stamping away!
This is just perfect, Bonnie! Nothing says Christmas better than Santa! So pretty and just a delight!
Lynn

Kay Miller said...

your card is just beautiful! I can't wait to try this challenge!

Emily Keaton said...

That sketch looks so versatile! I really like what you did with it. Your sparkly Santa is a treat for the eyes :-)

Darnell said...

A classic Christmas beauty, Bonnie! I love the holly in his hat fur!!

Loll said...

Hi Bonnie. Love your holly, jolly Santa face!! Great sparkle and bling too. Loll xx

Margaret Moody said...

I love anything Santa and this one certainly works perfectly with this sketch! Love his fluffy beard and the added sparkle! Love the mini sprig of holly too!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Bonnie this is just the cutest card! I absolutely adore your Santa and all the glitteryness you've added!

Aileen said...

He's a fab Santa image. Love the embossed background. x

Susan said...

Great Santa image! I love the card being mostly red and white with just a few hints of green.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the Santa and your font, a great card

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the Santa and your font, a great card

LeAnne said...

Wow...this Santa is fantabulous! Love the embossed background as well as the glittery cap! Super way to get started on your Christmas cards!

Wendy said...

Super adorable card, Bonnie! I adore this Santa image and how you colored it!

Patti said...

Perfect "traditional" Christmas card. That Santa image and coloring are gorgeous.

Lesley said...

Such an awesome and happy Santa image Bonnie! I love him and the way you stamped the sentiment! So pretty and happy!!

~Tammy~ said...

Love this Bonnie! The image is gorgeous along with your design interpretation of the sketch! I need to be on my way for next year!

Lisa said...

Wonderful inspiration for Merry Monday with this awesome card Bonnie! I just love Santa images and this one is so much fun!