Friday, July 6, 2012

Featuring Loll

I have admired those pretty poppy stamps and been oh so tempted to order one either in digital or rubber.  I could never decide which one I wanted.  Stampin' Up! finally has released a poppy stamp and is it a beauty! So the decision was pretty much made for me.  I'm glad I waited.

See what I did with it.


I had some help from the Featured Stamper at SCS this week.  Loll Thompson is a fantastic stamper and it was really hard to decide on something of hers to CASE.  I finally settled on this card mainly because I had just got the Pleasant Poppies stamp.  Did you go look?  Isn't her card so pretty?

I used SU markers to color the flowers and used a different complimentary color, used embossed cardstock instead of DSP, added some scalloped edges and added a sentiment.

I cut my Poppy stamp in 2 parts so I can use it all together or a smaller bunch as I did here.  It's easy to mount  both pieces on a block to use as a background.  I think I'll probably use the smaller parts more.  I like getting more mileage out of my stamps.

And if you have problems, like I used to,  keeping clear mount stamps on the blocks, try putting a strip of 2-Way Glue on the side that you mount.  Let it dry good.  It's a removable glue like sticky notes and keeps the stamp in place without leaving a residue.  Just be sure to let it dry before you try to mount it.  I saw this tip on Lee's blog.  She has a whole tutorial on how to get the clear mount stamps ready to use.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Pleasant Poppies, Petite Pairs
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, SU Markers (Poppy Parade (retired), Crumb Cake, Basic Black)
Paper:  Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade
Other:  Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Scallop Border Punch, Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon


It's another very hot day here.  I'm so thankful for air conditioning.   I hope you're able to stay cool and comfortable.

I'm so glad you stopped by.  I hope you come again soon.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Victoria said...

I think you know what I'm going to say...!!

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous card! Love that red. It just POPS!! Loll's card is beautiful too--thanks for sharing the link over to it. Have a great weekend!!

Susan said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie - great idea to cut that stamp half. And thanks for the link to Lee's blog and all her hints on using the clear mount stamps.

Angela said...

Bonnie, what a beautiful creation you did with the Loll CASE! Such a great 3D effect with the poppies! Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you play in the QFTD challenge too.

Carol said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Bonnie! I love poppies and have waaaaaay too many, but it still doesn't prevent me from having my eye on these beauties in the new catalog!

Benzi said...

I so love poppies and this one is so pretty. Great card!!

Can you imagine this heat with the air conditioner? Ugh!

Darnell said...

That's great how holding off on buying the poppies worked for you! Love your card and really appreciate the tip and link on adhering the clear stamps! Thank you!!

Christine Blain said...

This is a really beautiful card, Bonnie; I love everything about it!