Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sending Holiday Peace

Another Christmas card for the stash.


The Merry Monday challenge this week was to use this sketch....


I'm really struggling with these sketches.  So many layers, so little time.  LOL, I'm spoiled with the Less is More and One Layer Wednesday challenges.  It's hard for me to get my brain to concentrate on more than a couple of layers.  I'm always happy with the results of Lesley's sketches though.

I have a new embossing folder.  Did you notice?  It's the Houndstooth.  I didn't think I liked it at first, but I think it will be just the thing for masculine cards.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, To You and Yours (retired)
Ink:  Always Artichoke, SU Marker (Soft Suede)
Paper:  Naturals White, Always Artichoke
Other:  Big Shot, Houndstooth EF, Dazzling Details (yes you can still order these), 1" and 1 1/4" Circle Punches

I spent some stampin' time with my Roanoke Rapids friends today.  That's always a lot of fun.  We've been stamping together for several years now and they're like family.

It was great that you could stop by today.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

jimlynn said...

Bonnie, this is gorgeous. I love all the layers and that embossing. You're really making me want that Lovely as a Tree set now. So pretty.
Lynn

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Bonnie and well suited for males. I'd love to join in with the sketched but haven't had time so far. Great idea to build up your Christmas cards. x

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, this is so elegant. I don't think you are struggling - going by the beautiful creations you are producing.

Bev J. said...

Love that stamp set-Lovely As A Tree. Very pretty card-great sketch and I like the embossing. I tend to like less layers now too.

Lesley said...

Your monochromatic card is so pretty, layers and all. Love the new embossing folder.

Benzi said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie. These card do take more time, don't they? But, great job. I have that houndstooth folder and it is good for masculine, as you said.

Ann Schach said...

A beautiful, beautiful card, Bonnie! The texture is the perfect touch!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A really lovely card, love the folder emboss too and the sketch and your interpretation of it.