Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Oh Happy Day

Today was a good day.  I had time to stamp!  I even completed a card!  It is a happy day!


Last Friday's Queen for the Day at SCS was Dianne (eured99).  You can see her wonderful gallery here.  I chose this card as my inspiration.  Actually, now I notice that she didn't do my inspiration card until Saturday.  Lol, I guess sometimes there can be a benefit to being behind.

I added a layer, and used a different embossing folder, center shape, and colors.  The colors are from the Color Challenge, also at SCS, to use Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive.  Dessert is leaves.  I used the thumping technique to ink the leaves.  First I inked with Pumpkin Pie, then thumped the edges with an Old Olive marker.  The little bird is stamped in Turquoise and cut out to add a bit of dimension.  Masking and a bit of sponging with pastels behind the image and it was done.


I'm also sending this to the Less is More Challenge.  You may remember from yesterday's post that they are hoping for 1000 submissions this week.  I see that they have had over 100 submissions since last evening!  Will they make it?  I hope so.  It's a wonderful challenge with so much inspiration!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Season of Friendship
Ink:  Soft Suede, SU Markers (Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise)
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
Other:  Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Basa Wood Frame for embossing, Stampin' Pastels (Tempting Turquoise)

Hopefully the boys will give me time to play tomorrow.  If not, I'm thankful that I had time today.

I'm so glad you stopped by.  Thank you so much for your encouraging comments.

Enjoy,

11 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

Bonnie, this is really gorgeous! I love how the center part is not embossed, that looks so cool!! I am trying to do more CAS cards. It's hard for me to not keep adding stuff and just walk away while it is still clean with any empty spots :)
I'll have to check out the Less Is More challenge to keep up with the inspirations.
Hope you have been doing well!

Cynthia said...

I'm so glad you found time to play! This card is just gorgeous. The leaves are amazing!

Chrissie said...

This is a great stamp Bonnie and you've made a terrific card with it!
Thanks again for this submission and for your kind words.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Carol said...

Wonderful card, Bonnie. I love the thumping technique when I see others do it, but not when I do it. You've inspired me to try it again.

Benzi said...

Oh, I really do like this card, Bonnie. I love anything with birds. Your sponging really popped out that image. Great job!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Bonnie, I love how you did those leaves, and the soft blue sky behind the tree. The square lattice folder is perfect as a frame around that little scene.

Larissa said...

Adorable card! I love the little blue bird.

Hugs,
Larissa

Aileen said...

Lovely stamp and I like the texture behind it. I'll have to have a look at this thumping technique, it's very effective. x

Mandi said...

Superb Bonnie
Love it!
Thank you for helping us with our target of 1000 entries
Mandi
LIM

Carole Campanile said...

Wonderful card Bonnie. I am still trying to figure out how you embossed that panel and left the center smooth. Also love how you used that set; off center.

TFS
Carole

Shirley said...

Wow! Love how you did this! Beautiful!