Friday, September 2, 2011

Elements in Calypso

Here's the second try on the disappointing card that I made yesterday.  I'm still not thrilled with it, but I like it better than the first one.

It's for the Paper Players challenge this week.  I hope I can get it over there before the link closes!


Here's the sketch....


I had this piece of Elements of Style in my UFO (UnFinished Objects) box and punched it with the Extra Large Scallop Circle punch.  Since it was painted in pastel pinks, I used my Calypso Coral marker and blender pen and added some darker shading to the flowers.  I also used the marker to dye a piece of Whisper White taffeta ribbon.  Actually I had dyed the ribbon first and needed to make the flowers match.

The circle in the square was difficult for me for some reason.  I liked the square better after I punched the corners.

Do go over to Paper Players and check out all the wonderful entries.  They are amazing!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Elements of Style
Ink:  SU Markers (Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight)
Paper:  Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Calpso Coral
Other:  Extra Large Scallop Circle, Scallop Trim Corner and Itty Bitty Bits Punches, Basic Pearls, Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Big Shot, Square Lattice EF

Thanks so much for joining me today. I've been enjoying your comments.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Mad for Paper said...

Very pretty card. Love your colors.
TFS
Ang

jaydee said...

Bonnie, what a gorgeous color combo. It's so bright and summery. I love that you softened the effect of the texture on the background layer with the softness of the focal point. Very pretty.
So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Mary Marsh said...

I like the card you posted for the challenge bonnie-I had the same thing happen to me today-i spent 6 hours on a card -can you believe it-I just couldn't get it together-and I am not sure I even like it-oh well there is always tomorrow (lol)

Lauri said...

Very very pretty! Love how you showcased the image! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Joanne Leddy said...

Oh wow! I love the color ... I haven't used many of the new colors yet - now I have to!

(UFO - too funny!)

Benzi said...

Bonnie, that UFO box sure comes in handy for you. :-) Such a pretty card and love the dyed ribbon.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Bonnie this is beautiful

Vicky Hayes said...

Calypso Coral and Pear Pizzazz are scrumptious together and I your coloured ribbon looks fabulous!