Monday, May 16, 2011

I'm Back

We took a few days off last week and went to the beach and to visit family.  It was a wonderful change of scenery.  Even though it wasn't good beach weather, we managed to get a bit of sun, a couple of walks on the beach and a beautiful sunrise each morning.  Then we had a long overdue visit with my in-laws.  I always enjoy their company and we so seldom get a chance to get together.

As soon as I got back I had to check a couple of my favorite challenges.  I got to work this morning on them, but I believe my mojo is still at the beach!  Hopefully it will return soon.  Meanwhile here's the card I did for the One Layer Wednesday challenge that Jennifer is hosting this week.


I was real excited when I saw that the challenge was to  Make a one-layer “New Home” card using at least two colours of ink.  We will be closing on our new home soon and I had copied the picture from the web to do cards letting folks know of our new address.  I hadn't exactly planned on it being a one layer card though!

I used the computer to add the picture and sentiment on a card.  I drew the frame around everything with a ruler and black Stamp n' Write marker.  It looked kind of bare and machine made and needed some stamping with 2 colors of ink.  So I got out the Just Believe stamp set and inked just the foliage from one of the frame stamps to make a semi wreath around the house.

This is probably not what I'll be sending out.  That partial inking takes too long to mass produce!  Besides, I probably couldn't draw a frame that straight again.   I'll come up with more ideas before I'm finished, I'm sure.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Just Believe
Ink:  SU Markers (Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Basic Black)
Paper:  Whisper White
Accessories:  Ruler, Stamp-a-ma-jig

Thanks for stopping by.  I really enjoy your visits.

Enjoy!

Bonnie

10 comments:

Doris said...

Lovely card! Maybe this is your opportunity to try some peg stamps *wink*...

Susie said...

Fabulous idea.

Emily Keaton said...

What a great one-layer New House card, Bonnie!! This is really neat. And what a pretty new home!!

Emily Keaton said...

PS Welcome back!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Well, you blended some digital with some actual stamping and I am certainly impressed! Glad you had some R & R too.

Tiya-B said...

Wonderful card and thanks for the great idea, altho I print pics or cards myself, never thought to do picture one layer.

Jenny said...

This is lovely Bonnie, a clever idea.
I bet your excited about your new home :)
Jenny x

Lisa A. said...

Welcome back, Bonnie....so glad you had a great rest!! Your new house is BEAUTIFUL...how exciting!!! Your card is wonderful...it will have to go to someone special in all it's splendor and perfection:):)!!

Benzi said...

What a great idea and a beautiful new home. Love the stamping, but you're right..all that would take a while.
How nice to get to the beach even if the weather wasn't great yet. Nice to relax and just be there.

Jennifer Styles said...

What a cool card and a beautiful house!

Congrats on your new home!

Fab job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW53!