Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Heather Blues


Wow, it's late!  What a busy day today.  I did manage to get in a quick card for the Color Challenge at SCS.  It's called Crushing Bashful Blues with Pizzazz.  In other words, Concord Crush, Bashful Blue, & Pear Pizzazz.  Dessert this week is use of the white gel pen.


I love blue and purple together!  My mother had a brooch that had purple and blue stones on it.  I have that brooch now and it's one of my favorites although, I don't wear it much now that I'm retired.

I inked the lavender stamp, from Herb Expressions, with markers and stamped on a scrap of Whisper White. Then I stamped a couple more times without reinking.  The little butterfly is from the So Happy for You Sale-a-bration set.  I inked it with a Bashful Blue marker and used the fine tip of the Concord Crush to edge it.  It's really hard to see, but I dotted the butterfly with the Signo white gel pen.  Just a taste of dessert!  Both the design piece and sentiment piece are popped up on dimensionals.

Since Lavender stands for devotion (even though I left that part off when I inked this), I thought it would make a great anniversary card.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Herb Expressions, So Happy for You, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  SU Markers (Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, Bashful Blue)
Paper:  Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Concord Crush
Accessories:  Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Concord Crush ribbon, Ticket Corner, Word Window & Modern Label punches

The Creative Arts group met with me today and we had a new stamper, Lori.  She had never made a card before.  I thought I would share what she did.


She wanted to make a Birthday card for her Sister-in-law.  I think she did a great job, don't you?  (Can you tell we were playing with the Big Shot today?)  The other ladies made some lovely cards too.  I just didn't get pictures of everything.  It's a lovely group and I so enjoy spending time with them.  They always manage to inspire me!

Sorry this has gone on so long.  Thanks for the visit.  Enjoy!
Bonnie

2 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Sounds like your time with your Creative Arts group was smashing! Lori's new card is wonderful. And I love how you used that blue and purple together for your card. What a beautiful little scene!

Benzi said...

Lovely card you made and I really do like the colors from the SCS color Challenge. Just a gorgeous combo. Your image makes such a sweet garden of flowers.
Lori did a good job with her card...hope she continues.