Thursday, February 3, 2011

One Layer, Two Hearts

This week's One Layer Wednesday challenge over at Simplicity is 1. stamp a border, 2. stamp an image, 3. Add some bling.

Here is what I came up with.....


I think maybe I overdid it.  Oops!  I used one image twice and a sentiment. Does that count?

 It is a one layer card.  (A one-layer card is defined as a single piece of cardstock folded in half. No other layers of cardstock allowed!)

It also works for the Ways to Use It challenge on SCS which is to put a heart on our card.

I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig again today.  My border still didn't land where I intended, but I'm getting closer.  At least the two stampings matched up!

After stamping the hearts with Basic Black and letting them dry awhile, I used markers and a blender pen to color the flowers.  NOTE:  Be sure to let the black ink dry or it will smudge and make your flowers black.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Vintage Vogue, Punch Potpourri, Short and Sweet
Ink:  Basic Black, Su Markers (Real Red, Olive Green)
Paper:  Whisper White
Accessories:  Stamp-a-ma-jig, Blender Pen, Real Red Narrow Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones

Enjoy,
Bonnie




8 comments:

Susan said...

Bonnie, I love this! Of course, I had to look up the heart stamp and found out that it's a hostess item and I can't get it. Pooey! Your border looks straight to me. And its very pretty!

Emily Keaton said...

Nicely done, Bonnie! What a terrific one-layer card. I must admit that I was defeated by this OLW challenge this week. :(

Pauline said...

Those heart are gorgeous! And your border looks fine to me! I made the smae boo boo with a sentiment, oh well we can try to remember for next week! xx

joanne wardle said...

really beautiful card for OLW. I love to see what everyone else did with the challenge after I've done mine, it's amazing the variety

Pauline said...

Lovely card, especially those hearts :o)

Benzi said...

Bonnie, your one layer card is gorgeous. It' a wonderful CAS and perfectly fit yesterday's WT challenge.

Sara Mac said...

Great card Bonnie! I really like that heart stamp. I'm laughing at how many people added a sentiment for this challenge and realized it after the fact. Habit, I guess:)

Doris said...

Great card, Bonnie! I used two hearts, too; but they're overlapping. Does that count as one image???