Friday, January 7, 2011

Warm Winter Wishes

Monday's SCS Technique Challenge was to paint with Stickles.  Joan graciously allowed to use glue and glitter if we didn't have Stickles.  That's one stamping supply I've never had!


I stamped the tree with Brown StazOn on a scrap of acetate, then applied glue and some Fine Supernova Glitter.  The snowflakes are stamped on the acetate with White StazOn.  Then I mounted the acetate on a scrap of Baja Breeze.

I don't know if you noticed it or not, but the white panel is scored to look like a fence.  Well at least it does to me.  I put a bow of twine on the "gate" for the Ways to Use It Challenge to use twine.  Does Linen Thread qualify as twine?

I used scraps including some hoarded DSP from 2 Christmas's ago so I'm pretty pleased with myself for taking something  the scrap box.

My friend Doris of The Stamping Tower issued an informal challenge to try a new technique using only supplies that we have on hand.  That sounds like a good idea to me.  But I do love to get new stamping stuff!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Season of Friendship, Beautiful Borders 
Ink:  Brown & White StazOn, Early Espresso, Real Red, Basic Black
Paper:  Whisper White, Early Espresso, Baja Breeze, Naturals White, DSP, Acetate
Accessories:  Fine Supernova Glitter, Scallop Border Punch, Stylus, 1/16" Circle Punch, Linen Thread

Enjoy,
Bonnie

3 comments:

Doris said...

What a great card! I love your "fence" with the twine, too. You've inspired me to get out some of the leftover acetate I have and use it in a creative way. I'll be getting some new stuff soon, but only because I have some gift cards to spend!

Benzi said...

Love this winter tree with the red bird. I just love anything with birds. The snowflakes, the fence/gate are all so creative. Super card!

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, this is the sweetest, Bonnie!! I love how you scored your scalloped panel to look like a fence. How creative!!