Monday, September 13, 2010

Autumn Leaves

What a day this has been!  I put a new ink cartridge in my printer yesterday and now it won't work.  I've spent hours cleaning the carriage, (and getting ink all over everything).  The printer still doesn't work and my fingers are black!  I much prefer to get inky fingers from stamping!

I thought I would share a card from stamping with the Scrap & Share group in Roanoke Rapids on Saturday.  We used the leaves and stamped a half sheet of Very Vanilla.  Then we tore it up and made cards.  I wish I had taken my camera so I could show you what the other ladies made.

We had one young gent come in to see what was going on and he wanted to make a card for his Grandma's birthday.  We had so much fun helping him make a card and he really impressed himself!  Maybe he will come back next month.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Autumn Leaf Prints, Holiday Best (Sorry, both are retired sets and one odd non SU leaf stamp)
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Old Olive, Bravo Burgundy
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Dusty Durango
Acc.:  Hemp twine, SU Markers (Always Artichoke & Cajun Craze)

The hanging leaves were stamped and cut from a piece of sponged paper using the faux polished stone technique.  We did this project a couple of years ago and I still have some of the paper left.

Wish I had time to stay longer.  I have the Creative Arts group coming in tomorrow and I need to finish getting ready for that.  They're going to help me get rid of some decorative paper.  I'll try to remember to take some pictures so you can see what we come up with.

Enjoy,
Bonnie

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Beautiful card! I need to put Holiday Best on my desk. I tend to forget about it.
Hugs,
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Grrr, don't you just hate it when things stop working and you don't know why! Especially when you spend hours trying everything to fix it. Hope the printer behaves itself soon. Your card is beautiful - I love autumn colours, they are just the perfect palette aren't they?