Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hello, Hello

When I first saw the colors for the SCS Color Challenge this morning, I cringed! More Mustard, Melon Mambo, & Baja Breeze? Oh, my!

Well, I thought, and thought, and went to the park with Luke, came home and ate lunch, still thinking. When Luke went down for a nap, I opened the stamp drawer and saw this stamp set. I think it worked!

I inked everything with SU Markers and used the Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement of the flowers.

I remembered seeing a piece of Baja DSP left over from a Christmas pack a couple of years ago. It was a perfect fit for the background.

The sentiment is popped up for some dimension.

The thinking was the hard part!

Card Recipe
Stamps:
Hello Again

Ink: SU Markers (More Mustard, Melon Mambo, Soft Suede
Paper: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Baja Breeze DSP (retired)
Acc.: More Mustard grosgrain ribbon, Medium Oval Punch

Have a good evening. I'm so glad you stopped by.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, well done, Bonnie!! I cringed when I saw this combo this morning, too, and ultimately passed on it. I don't have ANYTHING remotely resembling mustard!!! I think you did a marvelous job on this card--the mustard flower centers are perfect :)