Thursday, August 5, 2010

Daffodil Friend

I didn't get a chance to make a card today (gasp!!!). We had to go car shopping today with Luke. He had a bad week last week and had been really, really good this week. He needed a reward to (hopefully) let him know that being good has it's rewards. It's really hard for a 2 yr. old. Fortunately for us, the little cars that he loves are only $1.00 each or less. Wish we could be as easily satisfied. He slept with his cars at nap time. I think it was a happy day for all of us.

So, this is a card I made last week and never got posted. I used the colors from the color challenge of Concord Crush, Daffodil Delight & Pear Pizzazz. I even took on dessert with a little dew drop rhinestone.
I used the BIG GUY to emboss the main card with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder and used the texture plate on the 3" x 4 1/4" middle piece. I cut ovals with the Sizzix Original Ovals die. The large one is Pear Pizzazz and the Medium one is Whisper White.

I used Daffodil Delight & Pear Pizzazz SU Markers to ink the stamp from the Friends Never Fade set. This was stamped on the white oval. The Pear Pizzazz marker inked the sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes which was then punched with the Word Window punch. I inked the edges of the main card with Concord Crush to add some balance with the Concord mat. to do this, I held the ink pad at a 45° angle and brushed it across all the edges. Hint, be careful not to get the ink on your fingers. It will smudge and make you think negative thoughts, believe me! I used the same technique with Pear Pizzazz ink on the word window too.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Friends Never Fade, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Concord Crush, Daffodil Delight & Pear Pizzazz SU Markers
Paper: Whisper White, Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz
Acc.: Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plate, Original Ovals die, Word Window Punch, Rhinestone

I hope to get a card made tomorrow with a stick in it. Does that sound intriguing? I have no idea what I'm going to do for that! Hopefully, I'll think of something.

'Til then,
Bonnie

2 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie!! I loved that concord crush, pear pizzazz, daffodil delight combo--you did a super job with it :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! Another fabulous card with my favourite embossing folder you use, and the dew drop is perfectly placed!

Aww, bless Luke sleeping with his little cars! x