Thursday, July 15, 2010

Watercolor Stamp-Off

Just a really quick post this morning. This is the stamp-off from yesterday's One Layer Wednesday card.

Susan suggested remisting and stamping again. So I did. This time I stamped on a scrap of Whisper White (in case it didn't work out). I think it worked out fine!

A hint on this spritzing technique. I have found that it works best to spritz in the air and pass the stamp quickly through the mist. Otherwise it is way too wet. I have made some real messes by spritzing the stamp directly. A mister bottle works better than a spray bottle too.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Inspired by Nature

Paper: Crumb Cake (Kraft), Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Acc.: Cherry Cobbler, Wild Wasabi & Early Expresso SU Markers, Whacked Embossing Folder (see July 12 post), Scallop Trim Corner Punch

Hope you get to stamp today. For that matter, I hope I get to stamp today!
Bonnie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've so many times wondered what to do when the card turns out perfect but there's really not a single WOW factor on it. That fancy corner, in such an unexpected place, is just the TICKET! Of course I don't have that punch, and my corner punches tend to whisper "Ho Hum!" instead of saying "Wow!", but there's always a running Wish List I will put that punch on, unless of course it's a die from some fancy machine. I'll check that out.

Thanks for inspiration, Bonnie.