Monday, July 26, 2010

Something's Fishy

Something's Fishy with the SCS CAS challenge today. When I saw Red Fish, Blue Fish, my first thought was, "I don't have anything fishy". I was thinking I'd have to usespunches, or find something digital. Then I realized that I could just use red & blue. That I have plenty of.

I found this ship in my UFO box. I'm beginning to think that box is bottomless! Anyway, Nell brought this stamp to Scrap & Share last year. I don't know if it's Stampin' Up! or not. I really don't remember.
I had stamped it with Not Quite Navy ink on Whisper White card stock. I used the Cherry Cobbler for my red and put it on the last piece of Not Quite Navy card stock I had. Guess it's time to reorder!
The birthday wishes sentiment is from the Wow Flowers set that retired last month. I punched it with the Word Window punch and popped it up a bit on a piece punched from Cherry Cobbler with the Modern Label punch. I repeated the sentiment on the side of the card in Not Quite Navy to balance the card a bit.
I used Not Quite Navy brads that I see have been discontinued now. They were in the Earth Elements brad set. I'm sorry that I keep using all this retired stuff. Just because it's retired doesn't mean it's no longer usuable.
Back to the card. I used hemp twine wrapped around twice and tied to finish it off. I can always use some masculine cards. I'll show you another one for the guys in a bit.
Happy Stampin',
Bonnie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card - perfect masculine theme and I love the twine. x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Well, you know how I feel about using retired stuff! Bring it on!!
Great masculine card, Bonnie.