Wednesday, July 28, 2010

More New Toys

I have another new stamp set to share with you today. This is another Level 1 Hostess Gift. Did you notice that there are 6 superduperLevel 1 Hostess gifts this year? Usually there is at least one that I'm not too crazy about but not this year! It was hard to decide which one to get. I settled on the Silhouette Sentiments, and I'm really glad I did.

This didn't turn out quite like I envisioned it. (I envision, not sketch. I'm not good at sketching!) I wanted to use the new Clearlit. It's on p. 210 of the 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog. I used it to make that adorable 1 1/2" x 2" scalloped rectangle. It has a clear top so you can see where your design is and you use it with the BIG GUY. Actually, I punched this one out and then stamped.

I used markers to ink the tall flower and stamped once, then the little flower (it looks like a lily to me) twice with one stamp off. After it was matted, I wrapped with a piece of Daffodil Delight 1/8" taffeta ribbon.

I inked the bird & branch with markers too. Then I inked just the end of the branch several times to fill up some of the white space. Usually I love white space but today it was just glaring at me! I stamped the tip of the branch a couple of times in the corners of the sentiment too. I really love the clear mount stamps because I can see exactly where I'm stamping.

I used my whacked Finial Press Embossing Folder. (I cut it up with scissors so I have 4 strips.) to put a little texture on the top & bottom of the largest design piece and two of the corners of the flower piece.

All the pieces were matted with Daffodil Delight. The card base is Marina Mist.

You can see the sketch layout here. It's a great sketch and perfect for this stamp set.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Silhouette Sentiments
Paper: Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede, & Marina Mist SU Markers
Acc.: Daffodil Delight Ribbon, Whacked Embossing Folder, Big Shot

That's all for tonight. Thanks for stopping by and I really, really appreciate all the nice comments. Stampers are the nicest people!

Enjoy,
Bonnie

1 comment:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Okay, what did you whack your Finial Press ef with?? And what a great idea, btw.

Your card used the layout sketch beautifully! And I know what you mean about having a hard time choosing a hostess set! For once, it was difficult to choose. (I picked Just Because I Care - is that the name? - the one with the hydrangea, because if you haven't noticed by my blog header, I LOVE hydrangeas!)