Saturday, July 24, 2010

Double Play

Surprise! I don't usually post on Saturday & Sunday, but since I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, I had to make an exception.

This is a card I made yesterday for the SCS Free For All Challenge, Cool Summers (green, blue & purple) or Warm Winters (Red, Orange, Yellow).

This is the Cool Card.
I had this leaf in my UFO (UnFinished Objects) box. It had been stamped with the leaves from a 2008 Hostess set called Happiness Always with Kiwi Kiss ink (an In Color that year).

I found a scrap of Bashful Blue Textured card stock and a small piece of blue DSP to punch the bird with the Extra Large 2-Step Bird Punch.

I matted this on Lavender Lace which is matted on the new In Color, Concord Crush. I used a Corner Rounder Punch on all the bottom corners and added some left over sequins that were hiding in my stash. I used one of the little beads for the bird's eye too.

All of this is on a Whisper White card base embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots EF.

Then, since I had this flower from the Watercolor Trio already stamped in red in the UFO box, I decided to make a warm card too.

This was stamped with Real Red & Soft Suede. I used markers to ink the stamp. It is matted on Peach Parfait (a new In Color) and Cajun Craze (a new Regal Color). I really like them together.

I punched a hole through all the design pieces with my Paper Piercer, wrapped the prongs of a Pumpkin Pie Brad around one end of a 3 1/2" piece of Real Red grosgrain ribbon, put the prongs through the hole and wrapped the ribbon around the back of the design element. A couple of little butterflies from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit in the upper right corner balanced the design.

The card base is the new Daffodil Delight run through the BIG GUY with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.

As hot as it's been here, I am really loving the cool card. I think I'll stash the warm one away til the weather cools!

Hope you are having a great weekend and getting those fingers inky!
Bonnie

3 comments:

JenMarie said...

These are beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Both are beautiful cards, Bonnie. I love the leaves on the top one and the effect of the rounded corners. And I really love those cute little butterflies on the 'warm' card!

Colleen Dietrich said...

They are both pretty cards. I think I like the bird one a bit more, because I like the cool colors. They are charming because of their simplicity.