Thursday, July 15, 2010

Awash in Razzleberry

This is a week for embossing! On Monday, Splicoaststampers has two challenges; The Technique Lovers and Clean & Simple. This weeks Clean & Simple (CAS) challenge is to use dry embossing on a card and the Technique Lovers (TLC) is to emboss on embossing.

This card is for the TLC but will work for the CAS too.

I stamped the outline for the large flower from the Awash With Flowers set with VersaMark on Whisper White Card Stock. Then I heat embossed it with White Embossing Powder. I used a sponge dauber and applied Rich Razzleberry ink. (I used Wild Wasabi on the stem using one of those pointed cotton swabs.)

Then, I put the whole thing through the BIG GUY and used that Square Lattice Embossing Folder. (It worked pretty good at disguising my outside the lines coloring don't ya think?)

I punched the corners with the Scallop Trim Corner Punch. I had a bit of trouble keeping the corner scallops intact. The dry embossing weakens the paper so it is very delicate.

It's hard to get a clear stamped image on the embossed background, so I stamped the sentiment on a scrap piece of Whisper White with the Rich Razzleberry and punched it with the Small Oval Punch which is now one of the Large Oval Punches in the new catalog (item 119863).

I'm still not too sure about the embossing on embossing but it was an interesting technique.

It amazes me how these ladies can come up with new challenges week after week. I am addicted to them now and really look forward to them. I find that I am more apt to try new things and have made some cards that I would never have thought of without the help of a challenge. If you are interested in trying one, go to Splitcoaststampers, scroll down to the bottom right and just click on a challenge. It will take you to the forum that tells what the challenges are. It's real easy to link a card to them.

You can see how far I am behind in my posting. This was for a Monday challenge and it's already Thursday. What a week!

See you again soon.
Bonnie

3 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

You did a great job on the challenge! I like the softness of the flower and the lattice pattern. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I love the effect of the soft flower. That embossing folder is wonderful.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Ohhh this is gorgeous on the embossing! So pretty!