Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Color Challenge x 2

Hello again stampin' friends. Just wanted to share the cards I did for this weeks Color Challenge on Splitcoaststampers. The colors this week are Close to Cocoa, Barely Banana & Garden Green. Dessert is gem stickers & the cherry on top is to use a little bit of Soft Sky.

This first card I think I will give to the girl who is buying our house. (If everything goes through. We have our fingers crossed.) I used the little curly stamp from the Wings of Friendship stamp set. It is a level 2 hostess gift and this is the last month you can earn it. I punched a 1" circle and taped it (with painter's tape) on the card stock, inked the stamp and stamped around in a circle. I went back and cut it out and adhered it to the Banana piece I had stamped with the Sanded background stamp. The bow is from Soft Sky ribbon. (This was an In Color about 3 yrs. ago.)

The whole time I was cutting this wreath out, I was thinking about using this combination with the single tree from the Lovely As a Tree set. Sooo.......

I really like this one better.

I inked the stamp with markers, stamped and used a blender pen to "spread" the color a bit. Then I used a Banana marker to put some dandelions around the trunk of the tree. I used the single leaf to stamp a row on the inside. I inked in Garden Green and stamped off first. This card only took about 15 minutes.

Wreath Card Recipe
Stamps: Wings of Friendship, Warm Words (both to retire on June 30), Sanded
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Barely Banana, Whisper White
Ink: Garden Green, Barely Banana, Close To Cocoa
Acc.: Word Window Punch, Big Shot, Magnetic Movers & Shapers Die, Soft Sky ribbon, Flatback Pearls

Tree Card Recipe
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Teeny, Tiny Wishes
Paper: Naturals White, Soft Sky
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Acc.: Close to Cocoa, Garden Green & Barely Banana SU Markers, Blender Pen, Dimensionals

I think the color challenge is my favorite. Betty always finds a combination that I would never, ever think of. I enjoy the challenge and I also enjoy the results. I hope you enjoy them too. Pop on over to Splitcoast and give it a try. You will find the challenges near the bottom on the right of the home page.

Thanks for visiting. Hope you have inky fingers.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Michelle Tweedy said...

Just found you, thanks to SCS. I LOVE that wreath. I do not have that swirl, but I will be trying with a different one. Thanks for the great inspiration.