Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Banana, Moss and Red

Two cards for you tonight. The color challenge this week is to use Barely Banana, Mellow Moss & Real Red. Barely Banana & Mellow Moss will be history in two weeks. Maybe I should have made a sympathy card! Now that I think about it, this would be a good sympathy card!


I had trouble with this challenge and I love all three colors. Do you have those days when nothing goes right? I had one of those yesterday when I was trying to do this card. I thought of my red lilies at our old house. I bought them at the Farmer's Market and they were planted outside my bedroom window. I enjoyed seeing them each morning when I opened my blinds.

You can find the tutorial here. While you are there, be sure to check out Heidi's other posts. She has some awesome ideas!

Card Recipe Paper: Barely Banana, Whisper White, Real Red, Mellow Moss
Acc.: Real Red & Mellow Moss SU Markers, Big Shot, Perfect Dots Embossing Folder, Ovals Die, Linen Thread, Extra Large 2 Step Bird & Large Oval Punches


When I couldn't figure out what to do with the lilies, I used the colors with the True Friend set. This set will be one to retire in 2 weeks.

It is an old layout, tried and true. That's a ladybug under the sentiment. Directions are on a previous post.

I've heard my aunt, who is 94, has been under the weather. I thought I would send this to her.

Card Recipe
Stamps: True Friend, Short & Sweet
Paper: Barely Banana, Mellow Moss, Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black
Ink: Barely Banana, Real Red, Mellow Moss
Acc.: Banana Brad, Ticket Corner, Large Oval, Scallop Oval, and 1/4" Punches, Big Shot, Perfect Dots Embossing Folder




What wouldn't go together yesterday seemed to fit into place today. It's much more fun when things fall into place. I can really appreciate having fun today. Hope you had a good day too.

Happy Stampin',
Bonnie

2 comments:

nancy littrell said...

I love both your cards and the color combos. I agree the 1st would make a perfect sympathy card, esp. if you were hand delivering. I checked out Heidi's tutorial and it was very helpful. TFS

Heidi said...

Thanks for the link! I love the lilies in red! You have a great blog!