Saturday, May 1, 2010

White Camelia Jazzed Up

Wfew! I finally found the right combination for the Sketch Challenge this week. Good thing too. It's almost next week!

When I saw the challenge I thought, "aha, I have some little squares of DSP that I was saving for just such a card." They were perfect and I had a scrap of Melon Mambo to cut the mats from. Then came the hard part. That middle image just wouldn't cooperate! I stamped and trashed, stamped and trashed. I almost threw the whole thing in the trash, but those little squares with the DSP sitting on that Barely Banana card just wouldn't let me.

Another challenge that had me blocked was the Technique Lovers Challenge. This week we had to pick a card from our gallery and jazz it up or down. Most of my cards are pretty Clean & Simple so I needed to pick one to jazz up. Jazzing up makes me nervous. But, I picked this card from my gallery.

I made the camelia with the BIG GUY and the SU Birds & Blooms die. I cut 2 of the large flower & 1 each of the 2 smaller. I folded, curled with the bone folder, and peeled the petals apart then glued them all together. Instead of using a marker to make the stamens, I used a rhinestone, then put a rhinestone in each corner and for good measure and added bling, I put a pearl in each corner of the punched frame.

Now is that jazzed up or what? Still not as fancy as some. I tried a ribbon but I thought it was a bit much since the card is only 4 1/4" square.

As an added bonus, I can post this for the Free For All Challenge to Celebrate May Day with flowers. Now that was an easy challenge. I love doing flowers.

That's my fun for today. Hope you got to have some too.
Bonnie

No comments: