Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Today I met with the Creative Arts group of the Cary Newcomers Club and not only learned how to "paint" with Prismacolor pencils but made a new and very creative friend. She demonstrated how she creates wonderful pictures. It is amazing that they are "painted" with colored pencils! She has some really neat tricks up her sleeve (and in her makeup bag) and she graciously had made prints of her work for us to make a card with.

This is the card I made. It was hard to choose which print to use.

All I did was tear the edges, mat the picture and use the paper piercer & mat pack to outline the design.


Not only is the rose painted beautifully, but the background is gorgeous! Here is a close up. Can you believe it was done with colored pencils?


Jean doesn't think she is an artist. What do you think? I hope I can remember some of her tricks. If I can't, I will just have to pester her to get together again...and again...and again.
'Til next time, happy stampin', or drawing, or tracing or coloring or anything that you enjoy doing.
Bonnie

No comments: