Thursday, March 18, 2010

Opulent Bloom

Today I really went from my normal and used a Bold Bright color. It seems like whenever I get these colors out, I just shake my head and put them back. The Color Challenge this week was to use Orchid Opulence (a Bold Bright color), Rich Razzleberry, and Old Olive. I had bought this DSP a while back and this was the perfect opportunity to open it, especially since the dessert option was to use swirls. This Cottage Wall DSP has all three colors in it.



I used a 2 step stamp set that was a Christmas present. I have been itching to get it out and I really like it! It has 4 flowers and a stem. Each flower has 2 stamps, a solid and a detail. I stamped the background flower in Orchid Opulence then inked the detail stamp with Rich Razzleberry and stamped off once. The stamps leave a little blank space so you have a touch of white showing through. The stem also has a background & detail stamp that adds some dimension.

For the butterflies I used the BIG GUY and the Beautiful Wings Embosslit that embosses and cuts at the same time.

I think I really this Bold Bright color. Now I'll have to try some of the others.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Greenhouse Garden, Short & Sweet

Paper: Whisper White, Orchid Opulence, Cottage Wall DSP
Ink: Orchid Opulence, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Acc.: Pearl from the Pretties Kit, Old Olive narrow grosgrain ribbon, Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslit

This was fun. Hope you get to have some fun today too.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Sarah Coggins said...

Beautiful! I love the colors in this card, Bonnie. That background paper is the perfect complement to your flower & butterflies. :)