Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fifth Avenue in Bermuda

I know I promised you Easter cards, but I finished the Clean And Simple challenge which I combined with the Color Challenge and want to share that with you tonight as well as post it on splitcoaststampers.



As you can tell, I am not an expert in watercoloring. That middle flower just had to show off I guess. The CAS challenge was to use this sketch by Carly. The color challenge this week is to use Bermuda Bay, Basic Gray (Oh no! Not Again!), and So Saffron. As you can see, this time I went light on the gray and the saffron. I really like the brighter Crushed Curry better with Bermuda Bay.

The flowers were painted with the Aqua Painters and re-inker. After they were dry and mounted, I used glue in the centers of the flowers. Luke woke up and needed attention and I found that letting the glue set about 15 minutes works really well. Then I pressed microbeads into the tacky glue. These beads are not SU but some that I found in my embellishment box. I used that Scallop Trim Border Punch that will only be available one more day. (I hope you were able to get one and love it as much as I love mine! ) The butterfly was cut and embossed with an embosslit and the BIG GUY.

Card Recipe

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, For All You Do

Paper: Bermuda Bay, Basic Gray, So Saffron DSP, Whisper White

Ink: Basic Gray, Bermuda Bay

Acc.: Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Scallop Oval & Large Oval Punches, Aqua Painters, Microbeads (non SU), Bermuda Bay Polka Dot Ribbon

Hope you had time to have a little fun today.

Bonnie

1 comment:

Lesley said...

What a pretty card!!! The layout it amazing! How did you figure out the sizes of each square? Your watercolouring is beautiful.

Smiles,
Lesley ;)