Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Olympic Village

I combined 2 challenges for this card. The Color Challenge this week was to use 1 or more of the Olympic colors. As near as I could make out by the picture and rings, the colors were Brilliant Blue, Garden Green, Bordering Blue, Real Red and Crushed Curry.


Here is the picture we could pick the colors from plus the neutrals of choice. Dessert was something metallic.





Here is the Sketch Challenge for this week.




This is what I came up with.
I used some paper from the Welcome Neighbor Designer Series Paper Pad to do the triangles in the background (free with a $50.00 order until March 31st). These were adhered to a Whisper White card. You can almost imagine a ski slope beneath the clouds. Well I can anyway. I stamped the trees from Lovely as a Tree in Sahara Sand on the design piece and stamped the clouds with Bordering Blue. The houses & roofs were stamped on scraps, cut out and mounted over the trees with dimensionals. (The trees & clouds are from the Good Neighbors set also free with a $50.00 order during Sale A Bration.) The design is matted with Bordering Blue. Welcome is stamped in Basic Black then cut out for a banner and adhered to a piece of Bordering Blue. I used the corner rounder punch on both of the blue & the white pieces and added 3 silver brads on the bottom. (I tried gold and bronze brads with the silver, but I really liked the silver better.)

Hope you enjoy your visit to the Olympics, SCS style. Thanks for coming by.

Bonnie


No comments: