Friday, February 19, 2010

Bird in a Plum Tree

Hello everyone and happy Friday. Today I'm sharing a card I made for this week's color challenge. The colors are Pale Plum, Perfect Plum & Soft Suede with any neutral. Dessert is to add a critter. This wasn't what I had in mind when I went to my craft room but my hand just pulled out this stamp set. I CASEd myself with the layout. Since Soft Suede isn't my favorite color, I used it sparingly. I actually like it in this case (pun hee! hee!) and I'm glad I was challenged to use it.

The branch is stamped in the Soft Suede and I inked the flowers with markers in both Plum shades. Then I stamped flowers in both shades on scrap paper and cut some of the large ones out to add with dimensionals. The bird is stamped on the branch, then on scrap paper, cut out and also added with dimensionals. The picture doesn't show the 3 dimensional look of the card very well. Sorry. I'm not the greatest photographer. I keep trying new things and eventually I will get the right combination. I hope!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Bird on a Branch
Paper: Pale Plum, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Ink: Soft Suede, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum (both Stampin' Spots & Markers)
Acc.: Ticket Corner Punch, Dimensionals

I will be stamping with my Roanoke Rapids friends tomorrow. I can't wait to see them. I'm sure I will come back with new and fresh ideas.

Have a good weekend. I hope you get to do something you love to do.
Bonnie

2 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

Beautiful! Love the plum colors and dimension to your design. I could see the pop of the bird & flowers right away. :) Hope you have fun stamping tomorrow!

jjcreations said...

This is very pretty!!!! Great job on the colour challenge.