Monday, January 4, 2010

Hubby's Birthday

It's been a busy few days. Between company, birthday celebrations and Luke being sick there hasn't been much time for anything else. I did get Bruce's birthday card done before the company came. I love this stamp set and plan to use it for all the men's cards this year. The layout for the Sketch Challenge last week was perfect for this. The card is 5 1/2" square. Bruce said he really liked it. I'm glad because I loved making it for him.


Card Recipe

Stamps: Autumn Days
Paper: Very Vanilla, Handsome Hunter, Dusty Durango, Soft Suede, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Soft Suede, Creamy Caramel, Handsome Hunter, Dusty Durango
Acc: Stampin' Markers (Really Rust, Garden Green, Ruby Red, Soft Suede), Stampin' Pastels, Sponge Daubers

I cut the Handsome Hunter & Dusty Durango 5 1/4" square then cut the Durango on the diagonal. Using the same colors, I stamped the wheat on each piece. The pheasant is stamped in Soft Suede and colored with markers. Then I stamped the wheat and berries in Creamy Caramel & Soft Suede. I daubed some brown & yellow Stampin Pastels (I opened my pastels upside down once so I don't know which color is which. Oops!) around the pheasant and plants to soften the look. I think the layout really makes the card. I love those challenges.

Hope you have been able get inked up. My stampin table is back up and Big Shot is out. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to make a card.

Enjoy,
Bonnie


No comments: